A Muscle Car Research Exclusive!
This item is temporarily out of stock due to a quality control issue that I'm working through with my manufacturer. It may be a while before I have the issue resolved due to COVID-19 impacts.
Muscle Car Research is proud to offer a brand new reproduction of the C9AZ-7C102-A transmission selector tube seal that was used to seal the lower end of the steering column on several Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles. Applications include:
- 1969 Ford Galaxie, LTD, Fairlane, Torino, Mustang, Thunderbird, and Falcon with automatic transmission
- 1969 Ford Galaxie, LTD, Fairlane, Torino, Mustang, and Falcon with floor shift and manual transmission
- 1970 - 1971 Ford Galaxie, LTD, Fairlane, Torino, Mustang, Maverick, and Falcon with manual transmission
- 1972 Ford Galaxie, LTD, Mustang, and Maverick with manual transmission
- 1969 full-sized Mercury, Comet, Montego, Cougar, Meteor, Lincoln Continental, and Lincoln Continental Mark III with automatic transmission
- 1969 Mercury Comet, Montego, Cougar, and Meteor with manual transmission
- 1970 full-sized Mercury, Comet, Montego, Cougar, and Meteor with manual transmission
Compare this new part to the original part shown below:
The relative location for this part can be seen in this illustration from the Ford Master Parts Catalog (and here's an excellent rebuild article with pictures):
This part is made from polyurethane foam rubber right here in the USA! It has a 2 1/4" outside diameter, 1 5/8" inside diameter, and is 1" thick. The original Ford engineering specifications included instructions to lubricate the part with mica powder. If you can't find mica powder you can use dry graphite instead. Dealer inquiries are welcome - please contact us for pricing.
A reproduction of the 3E629 seal is also available. Click here for details.