A Muscle Car Research Exclusive!
Muscle Car Research is proud to offer a brand new reproduction of the C9AZ-7347-A lower steering column tube bearing that was used to stabilize the lower end of the steering column on several Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles. Applications include:
- 1969 - 1970 Ford Mustang and Mercury Cougar (car line F)
- 1969 - 1970 Ford Galaxie and LTD; Mercury Marquis, Marauder, and Monterey (car line A)
- 1969 - 1970 Ford Fairlane and Torino (car line B)
- 1969 - 1970 Ford Falcon (car lines X and B)
- 1970 Ford Maverick (car line P)
- 1969 - 1970 Mercury Comet and Montego (car line C)
- 1969 - 1970 Mercury Meteor (car line Y)
Here's what the reproduction part (left) looks like when compared to an original C9AZ-A bearing (click on the picture for a larger version):
Please note that the C9AZ-7347-A bearing was replaced by a D1AZ-7347-A bearing at some point after 1970. The C9AZ-A bearing is the part you want if you want the "factory original" look. The original C9AZ-A bearing and our new reproduction are made from natural nylon 6/6. The D1AZ-A bearing is notably different because it is shaped differently and is made from black rubber.
Our reproduction part is missing one detail that allows you to distinguish it from an original part. If you look at the bottom of an original bearing you can see six circular mold marks (one of them can be seen below the yellow arrow in the picture below; click on the picture for a larger version). Our part is missing these circular mold marks.
Dealer inquiries are welcome - please contact us for pricing.