A Muscle Car Research Exclusive!
Muscle Car Research is proud to offer a brand new reproduction of the C9AZ-3E629-A steering column shaft insulator that was used to seal the lower end of the steering column on several Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles. Applications include:
- 1968 - 1972 Ford Galaxie, LTD, Mustang, and Maverick
- 1968 - 1971 Ford Fairlane, Torino, Falcon, and Thunderbird
- 1968 - 1972 full-sized Mercury, Cougar, Meteor, and Lincoln Continental (before August 16, 1971)
- 1968 - 1971 Mercury Comet and Montego
- 1969 - 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III
Compare this new part to the original part shown below:
The center of this insulator can be used to replace the 3B631 steering column shaft seal used on multiple 1970 Ford and Lincoln-Mercury vehicles. The Ford Master Parts Catalog describes the 3B631 seal with instructions to "Improvise - 15/16" - 1" thick foam rubber". Applications that use this seal include:
- 1970 Galaxie, LTD, Torino, Fairlane, Falcon (after January 1970), Mustang, Maverick, and Thunderbird
- 1970 full-sized Mercury, Cougar, and Comet
This part is made from polyurethane foam rubber right here in the USA! It has a 1 15/16" outside diameter, 15/16" inside diameter, and is 1" thick. The original Ford engineering specifications included instructions to lubricate the part with mica powder. If you can't find mica powder you can use dry graphite instead. Dealer inquiries are welcome - please contact us for pricing.
A reproduction of the 7C102 seal is also available. Click here for details.